HILLCRET HIGH SCHOOL – AUSTRALIA’S HILLCREST HILLSCREENED SCHOOL, with its massive classrooms, towering buildings and school buses, is an important part of the town’s history.
It has always had a special place in Hillcrest, a place known for its long and colourful past, and the school has played an important role in helping it continue to thrive.
Hillcrest High School was established in 1888 and has become a recognised institution in the Hillcret community.
It is one of the oldest school in the city, founded by a former member of the Australian army who had been stationed in the Western Front.
It was founded by Colonel George G. Hill, and it became a place of learning in the 1880s, where Hillcres history was taught in classrooms, in a large hall and in a small library.
The school was the subject of the award-winning Australian television series “Hillcres” in the 1980s.
The history of Hillcrets history is well known.
In fact, it is said to be the only school in Australia that is named after an Australian soldier who died on the Western front, and who was killed in action near Hillcrem.
When the school was founded in 1888, there were around 2,000 pupils in the town, but the population began to dwindle, as it became more of a farming community, and as the town grew.
The first school in Hillcumpt was built in 1890, and there was one in the area, but it was demolished in 1921 and replaced by a larger building.
The new school, now called the Hill Cret School, opened in 1924, and in the following decade, it became the most successful school in Melbourne.
The Hillcreets population continued to grow, as Hillcrete was also a major railway terminus, and so the school moved into the area in the early 1930s.
In the early 1950s, Hillcrees parents started the school with $50,000 of their own money, and this money was raised from a series of fundraisers, to be spent on books, and equipment.
At the time, the Hillclets community was still reeling from the devastation of the First World War, and they were struggling to make ends meet, and pay for the school.
The last school in town was opened in 1959, and after more than 40 years, it closed in 1986.
The students of Hillcrets history were devastated.
They lost their home, the only place where they could get an education, and also the history books that they had used to study their history.
The school became a part of Hillclett, a community in the same neighbourhood, and with the loss of the school, a new community of Hill Cremets started to grow in the hills of Melbourne.
In 1996, the community became a recognised place in the community, known as Hill Cresse.
The local council made a commitment to help the school in its future development, and donated $1.2 million towards a new building, and $1 million towards the purchase of the building itself.
But when the school opened in 1997, the council realised that the school’s legacy was far more than just a building, it was a place for people to come together and share the history of their community.
In 1999, Hillcletted School, with the help of the local community, purchased the historic building that it now serves as the school and its grounds, and began work on a new future for Hillcress.
Over the past 25 years, Hillcrests students, teachers and staff have worked tirelessly to make Hillcrys future a place where students can learn, learn to learn, and learn to live together, while they learn.
The community has been supported by a number of organisations, such as Hillclests community, the School of Community Development and the HillCres School, and has helped support the school through the past decade.
In 2018, the school received its 100th cent donation, from a foundation that had supported the school since the 1930s, and now has an annual budget of $5.4 million.
Hillcrets community and the community of nearby Hillcrawetts, also known as the Hillcliffs, continue to work together, with a view to helping the school to thrive in the future.
For more information, visit www.hillcret.com